Merino Wool is suitable for high-end athletic wear products. It is commonly used for
- and other sport activities.
Several important factor's contribute to it's sport application.
- Merino Wool regulates body temperature extremely well. In cold conditions it protects the body from loosing the heat, however when the temperature gets higher, it accelerates moisture evaporation and cools down the body.
- The fibre is moisture repellent.
- It absorbs water like cotton, but unlike cotton it still feels warm when it's wet.
- It is antibacterial because of its natural lanolin.
- It is one of the softest materials available thanks to its small fibres.
- It doesn't itch.
- Merino wool excels in warmth-to-weight ratio.